Metagenics SPM Active™ 30 Capsules
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
Metagenics' SPM Active™ 30 capsules
Specialised Pro-Resolving Mediators
SPM Active™ has been shown to:
- Stimulate resolution of inflammation
- Assist unresolved and chronic inflammatory processes by actively helping the body naturally restore homeostasis
- SPM Active™ contains standardised and concentrated specialised proresolving mediators (SPMs) exclusive to Metagenics
- Free from corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, starches
- Free from artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours
Per bottle: 30 vegetarian capsules (1 capsule = 1 serving)
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily.
SPM Active™ is a specific and targeted approach to facilitate the resolution phase in patients experiencing inflammation which may be failing to resolve in a timely manner. Unresolved inflammation can lead into low-grade, chronic inflammation that may worsen existing disease states, impair recovery/healing and negatively affect healthy ageing. Chronic disease is an increasing health burden and it is now estimated that 1 in 3 Australians live with at least one chronic inflammatory condition including arthritis and other musculoskeletal disorders, cardiovascular disease and diabetes mellitus.
SPMs found in SPM Active™ are lipid mediators that occur naturally in the body and have been found in various human tissue (such as the brain, lymph nodes and synovial fluid). SPMs orchestrate resolution at the site of inflammation to assist tissue repair, healing, recovery and the return to homeostasis. These mediators help to:
- Activate the resolution phase.
- Signal to, and recruit certain immune cells and inflammatory mediators.
- Repair damage and clearance of pathogens.
- Prevent further pathological inflammation without immunosuppression.
Despite omega-3 EPA and DHA being precursors of SPMs, they do not possess significant pro-resolving properties. Metagenics, in collaboration with SPMs experts and world-renowned leaders in the field of resolution physiology, are the first to set the standard for defining SPMs within a therapeutic supplement. Using a refined, patent pending fractionation process, specific SPM fractions are standardised for consistent dosing and therapeutic patient outcomes. The special fraction and ratio is isolated, concentrated and measured for bioactivity to verify the active SPMs 17-HDHA and 18-HEPE. This process is exclusive to Metagenics, providing an inflammation-specific solution that is truly Practitioner-only.
Caution: Consult with your doctor prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medications or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children. Contains fish.
Excipients: Colloidal anhydrous silica, Gelatin, Glycerol and Purified water.
Once supplements leave our store they cannot be returned or refunded. Please choose carefully.