Chief Biltong Sampler (4 x 30g bags)
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
Chief's Biltong Sampler (4 x 30g bags) 30g each
2 of the Traditional Beef Biltong and 2 of the Beef & Chilli Biltong
When you want a clean snack to satisfy your savoury cravings, you'll love our biltong. Just like slow cooking is better than zapping in a microwave, we slow air dry our beef which means it's naturally more tender and healthier than jerky. Free from all the nasty stuff you usually find in dried and cured meats, very low in sugar and taste the difference with 100% organic, grass-fed, grass-finished, regeneratively farmed Aussie beef.
Perfect pre or post exercise or simply as a clean, high protein, low carb treat that'll get you through to meal time without filling you up too much. They're also perfect to keep in the pantry to use as a fast and prep free way to add a high quality protein source to salads, pizza and more.
- Regeneratively farmed 100% Organic Grass-fed Aussie Beef. Premium cuts.
- No vegetable oils
- No emulsifiers or fillers
- No thickeners
- No preservatives
- No MSG
- No artificial colours or flavours
- Very low sugar
- Dairy and gluten free
- No added hormones
Per pack: 4 serves (1 x 30g bag = 1 serving)
Looking for the full ingredients and nutrition panel? Please scroll through the product images.
How are They Different?
We love jerky, but most jerky uses cheap, factory farmed meat and loads of nasty carcinogenic preservatives. Add a stack of sugar (yep, some jerky is 25% sugar!), MSG, and emulsifiers into the mix for good measure too.
Our biltong is uses the very best meat you can get - 100% organic, grass-fed, grass-finished, regeneratively farmed, Aussie beef. It's also free from nasty preservatives, it's relatively low in salt, and has next to no carbs or sugar. Because biltong is slow dried rather than cooked, it's more tender than your average jerky.
One question we get asked a lot is “but isn't this processed meat?”. It’s important to recognise that every time we cook food we “process” it. A whole food product is defined as “a food that has been processed or refined as little as possible and is free from additives or other artificial substances”. Our products are whole foods, not “processed meats”, because they’re made with high quality meat, with a few herbs and natural ingredients. They’re dried using a traditional process (which is healthier than cooking it at high temperature) without the ingredients found in “processed meats”. It’s not just us saying this, our consulting dieticians and nutritionists agree.
Like Jerky, but Better
Unlike most jerky, we naturally preserve our beef range just as our ancestors did with no added nitrates or nitrites (carcinogenic preservatives). We also don't use cheap fillers like maltodextrin or hydrolysed vegetable proteins (high in MSG). Most jerky is surprisingly high in sugar (upwards of 25%!) but our products have less sugar than a carrot. And because they're slow dried they're much more tender than jerky and retain over 90% of heat sensitive vitamins such as B12. Better is an understatement.
- Low sugar and made from 100% organic grass-fed Aussie beef which is up to five times higher in healthy omega-3s. Slow dried rather than cooked means they're higher in heat sensitive vitamins like B12.
- About 80g of beef (three times more 'meat' than a sausage roll) goes into each bar and bag which is slow dried to remove the water weight. This means they're packed full of highly bioavailable vitamins, minerals and protein.
- We reinvented an ancient drying process to naturally preserve our bars just as our ancestors did, with no added nasties like nitrates or nitrites. They'll last at least 5 months on the shelf without refrigeration.
- Grass-fed beef is significantly better for the environment than grain-fed, particularly regeneratively farmed cattle which are a critical part of creating healthy soils and helping to reverse climate change.
- Most beef comes from industrial feedlots where animals are kept in confined stalls and fattened with grains. We source our beef from family owned organic farms where cattle forage freely all year round.
- Other snacks leave you craving more because they use artificial thickeners, fillers, sweeteners and sugar alcohols, or are too high in sugar. These are made from real food that squashes your hunger.
Once supplements leave our store they cannot be returned or refunded. Please choose carefully.