Plasmalogen Blood Test
A revolution in health optimization!
Biochemistry is a living and active process inside your body. The Plasmalogen Blood Test measures key biochemical systems to understand your biochemical health. You can take control of these systems to optimize health for longevity.
Not only are the biomarkers we measure critical for optimal health, dysfunctional levels are scientifically linked to increased risk of diseases including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
Order the Comprehensive PlasmalogenProdromeScan Blood Test here
Order the simplified PlasmalogenPlus Blood Test here
or keep reading to learn more about the science behind the test.
“Even if you do have a high genetic risk for Alzheimer’s, our research suggests this may be reduced by increasing your levels of important lipids called plasmalogens... Someday soon we could be getting our plasmalogen levels checked, just like a regular cholesterol check.” Professor Peter Meikle, senior author of a new Australian study in Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association. To read more Click Here
Dr. Dayan Goodenowe - a biochemist, neuroscientist, and synthetic organic chemist - invented an advanced mass spectrometry technology platform in 1999 that has been used to analyze thousands of human samples from around the world and continues to be the most advanced technology of its kind today.
In the video below Dr. Goodenowe explains more about the ProdromeScan blood test and what it measures.
The ProdromeScan Blood Test - What Does it Measure?
ProdromeScan is a multi-system blood test, specifically designed to assist Functional Medicine doctors and biohackers in achieving optimal biochemical health for themselves and their patients. Your biochemistry is personal. With this ground breaking test the secrets of your biochemistry are revealed, in a useful way. This test allows you to objectively measure, track and optimise performance of a targeted intervention strategy.
The test measures approximately 100 biomarkers and organises this information into specific biosystems known to be associated with advanced health and longevity. ProdromeScan evaluates both biosystem reserve capacity and biosystem function. Each of the biosystems measured is modifiable using targeted lifestyle, supplementation and diet based strategies.
- Ethanolamine Plasmalogens
- Choline Plasmalogens
- Phosphatidyl ethanolamines
- Phosphatidyl cholines
Membrane Lipid breakdown products:
- Lysophosphatidyl cholines
- Free fatty acids (DHA, DPA, EPA, AA, LA, OA)
- Gastrointestinal Tract Acids GTAs
Key Lipid ratios:
- Plasmalogen choline to Phosphatidylcholine
- Ethanolamine plasmalogen to Phosphatidyl ethanolamine
- Sphingomyelin to Ceramide
Blood Test Logistics
Once your order is processed you will be emailed a receipt and form to take to your local pathology lab. They will then collect your blood, process your sample, and send it to our offices in Sydney where we ship it to a specialist testing lab in the USA. Once testing is complete your results and detailed report will be emailed to you.
The blood test results report will be ready 10 to 14 days after the sample arrives in the US laboratory.
The test price is inclusive of blood collection, shipping, testing, and GST for a single patient.
Blood Test Publications:
- Plasmalogen deficiency and neuropathology in Alzheimer’s disease: Causation or coincidence? Alzheimer’s & Dementia TRCI 5: Doi 10.1016/j.trci.2019.08.003
- Relation of Serum Plasmalogens and APOE Genotype to Cognition and Dementia in Older Persons in a Cross-Sectional Study. Brain Sci 9: Doi 10.3390/brainsci9040092
- Metabolic dysfunctions in multiple sclerosis: implications as to causation, early detection, and treatment, a case control study. BMC neurology, 15, 154. doi:10.1186/s12883-015-0411-4
- Metabolic system alterations in pancreatic cancer patient serum: potential for early detection. BMC Cancer 13: 416 Doi 10.1186/1471-2407-13-416
- Circulating plasmalogen levels and Alzheimer Disease Assessment Scale-Cognitive scores in Alzheimer patients. J Psychiatry Neurosci 35: 59-62
- Peripheral ethanolamine plasmalogen deficiency: a logical causative factor in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. J Lipid Res 48: 2485-2498 Doi 10.1194/jlr.P700023-JLR200
- Pancreatic cancer serum biomarker PC-594: Diagnostic performance and comparison to CA19-9. World J Gastroenterol 21(21): 6604-6612
- Low-serum GTA-446 anti-inflammatory fatty acid levels as a new risk factor for colon cancer. Int J Cancer 132: 355-362 Doi 10.1002/ijc.27673
- Metabolic system alterations in pancreatic cancer patient serum: potential for early detection. BMC Cancer 2013, 13:416
- Human serum-derived hydroxy long-chain fatty acids exhibit anti-inflammatory and anti-proliferative activity. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 30: 59 Doi 10.1186/1756-9966-30-59
- Reduced levels of hydroxylated, polyunsaturated ultra long-chain fatty acids in the serum of colorectal cancer patients: implications for early screening and detection. BMC Med 8: 13 Doi 10.1186/1741-7015-8-13
- Reduction of novel circulating long-chain fatty acids in colorectal cancer patients is independent of tumor burden and correlates with age. BMC Gastroenterol 10: 140 Doi 10.1186/1471-230X-10-140
- Serum Metabolite Profiling for the Detection of Pancreatic Cancer: Results of a Large Independent Validation Study. Pancreas. 2016;45:1418-23.
- Metabolic system alterations in pancreatic cancer patient serum: potential for early detection. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:416.