L-Nutra ProLon® 5-Day Meal Program for Fasting
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Adding product to your cart
L-Nutra's ProLon® 5-Day Meal Program for Fasting
Fasting with Food. ProLon® is a 5-Day Meal Program that nourishes your body while promoting regenerative and rejuvenating changes through scientifically developed, plant based foods. ProLon® mitigates the burden and danger of water-only fasting, while responding to the unmet need of having a readily consumable, proven and safe dietary program that does not require ongoing lifestyle changes, such as long-term dieting.
Benefits of ProLon®:
Rejuvenate: ProLon supports your body’s natural process of cellular clean-up which naturally gets triggered when your body is in a prolonged (3 or more days) fasting state.
Weight Loss: ProLon has been tested to help people lose an average of 2.25kg of fat and 1.2 inches of waist circumference, while preserving lean body mass).*
*Benefits seen in a clinical study of the 5-day ProLon cycle once a month for three consecutive months.
Nourishing: ProLon provides the body with a scientifically developed combination of micro and macro-nutrients designed to keep the body nourished while in a fasting state.
Great Taste: ProLon was created in collaboration with some of the world’s best food scientists and chefs to provide delicious food that incorporates the science of FMDs.
Convenient: ProLon meals come in 5 grab-and-go boxes (one for each day) that include plant-based energy bars, soups, a variety of snacks, drinks, and supplements.
Plant-Based: ProLon is gluten-free and uses healthy, mostly plant-based ingredients including olives, vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, and herbal teas.
ProLon® is the first Fasting Mimicking and Enhancing™ Diet that provides you with a combination of foods and ingredients able to reprogram the body into a regenerating and rejuvenating mode, resulting in long-term reduction of IGF-1, glucose and markers of inflammation and aging, but only in subjects with high levels of these markers.
ProLon® provides the body with healthy, plant-based ingredients that have been scientifically demonstrated to provide the body with optimal nourishment while not activating the key pro-aging pathways including the growth hormone and insulin and Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1) pathways activated by normal diets. These hormones signal to the body that it has consumed significant levels of carbohydrates and proteins and can activate genes that accelerate the growth pathways, which also speed aging and block regeneration/rejuvenation.
15 years of extensive preclinical and clinical studies sponsored by the National Institute of Health (NIH) and conducted at the Longevity Institute and Diabetes and Obesity Research Institute of the University of Southern California (USC) resulted in the development of the first FMED™ (ProLon®) which stimulates:
- Cellular entry into a high protection and stress resistant mode
- Removal of damaged cells and tissues
- Self-repair through cellular regeneration and rejuvenation
Min Wei; Sebastian Brandhorst et al. Fasting‐Mimicking Diet and Risk Factors for Aging, Diabetes, Cancer and Cardiovascular Disease. Science Translational Medicine February 15, 2017
Randomized controlled trial of 100 subjects, 71 completed three cycles of the ProLon® either in a randomized phase (N=39) or after being crossed over from a control diet group to the FMD group (N=32). Control subjects continued their normal diet. ProLon participants consumed the Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD) for five consecutive days per month for three months. Measurements were performed prior to the diet (before) and during the recovery period after the 3rd cycle (after).
Clinical Trial Results:
Body Weight: -5.7 Lbs. Weight loss came mostly from abdominal fat. Participants lost an average of 5 lbs.
Waist Circumference: -1.6 In. 1-inch loss in waist circumference. While lean body mass was preserved.
Body Weight: -9 Lbs. In obese participants (BMl>30), body weight decreased 9 lbs. Weight remained significantly lower after subjects returned to their normal diet for an average of 3 months.
Abdominal Fat: -9.6%. In overweight participants (BMI>25), abdominal fat was reduced by >9%.
BMI: -3.4%. BMI was reduced while Lean Body Mass was preserved.
Brandhorst S, Choi IY, Wei M et al. A periodic diet that mimics fasting, promotes multi-system regeneration, enhanced cognitive performance, and health-span. Cell Metab. 2015, 221-14. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cmet.2015.05.012
Scientific Patents Granted to ProLon:
The ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD®) has been granted the following patents:
- Japan and Hong Kong Patent for FMD as Adjuvant Therapy for Cancer: This patent has been granted for the use of the Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD®) in combination with kinase inhibitors to enhance traditional chemo-drug efficacy and feasibility, and to reverse side effects of kinases in normal cells and tissues.
- Canada Patent for Blockers of the Growth Hormone Receptor in Disease Prevention and Treatment: The present invention relates to compounds and methods for treating diseases or conditions by causing inhibition of the activity or expression of GH, GHR, STAT5, IGF-1 and/or SOCS and of proteins regulated by human GH, GHR, STAT5, SOCS, IGF-1, and insulin.
Fasting for Performance Athletes:
If you are an athlete looking to enhance your performance, ProLon may be right for you. Unlike intermittent fasting, the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet® (FMD®) works differently than other fasts to give many of benefits of a fast while providing essential nutrients to fuel energy levels in the body. With ProLon, athletes are able to maintain more lean body mass while lowering their body fat percentage* which may support athletic performance.
*Benefits seen in a clinical study of the 5-day ProLon cycle once a month for three consecutive months.
In addition to the fuel source while fasting, ProLon is the only clinically tested FMD that still triggers autophagy in the body (intracellular clean-up process) followed by a period of renewal to promote the natural process of rejuvenation throughout the body.
ProLon is a mostly plant-based diet and DOES NOT contain any human growth hormones (HGH) or performance-enhancing drugs.
The Fasting Mimicking diet, used once a month for three months, may help athletes:
- Maintain lean body mass
- Reduce percentage of body fat
ProLon® meals come in 5 small boxes (one for each day) that include plant-based energy bars, soups, a variety of snacks, drinks, and supplements, all studied and carefully designed to nourish your body and promote positive changes in metabolic markers, cellular rejuvenation, reduced inflammation, and healthy ageing.
How To Take ProLon®:
- Consume the ProLon meal plan for 5 consecutive days.
- Do not consume any other food and preferably no additional liquid other than water or herbal (non-caffeinated) tea. Your doctor can approve exceptions.
- Resume your normal diet for the rest of the month, making sure to undergo the one day transition diet at the end of the 5 days.
- Instructions included in each ProLon® carton.
ProLon® ingredients are plant-based and do not contain any additives, preservatives* or chemicals. The daily caloric intake with ProLon® is between 770 and 1100 calories from healthy ingredients that maximize nourishment and provide a pleasant eating experience. See further down for all ingredients.
*ProLon® energy drink contains the natural preservative polylysine.
Ingredients & Supplement Facts:
L-Crackers: Almonds, sesame seeds, tapioca flour, chia seeds, linseeds, sunflower oil, kale, sea salt, coconut sugar, coconut vinegar, chili pepper, cumin seed, black pepper, tocopherol concentrate mixed (307b), garlic, oregano, citric acid.
L-Bar Choco Crisp Bar: Inulin, almond butter, brown rice crispy, cocoa powder, almonds, chocolate chips (cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter), rolled oats, brown rice syrup, flaxseed oil, rice dextrin, grape juice, salt.
L-Bar Energy Bar: Macadamias, honey, pecans, almonds, almond butter, coconut, inulin, flaxseed, coconut oil, coconut flour, sea salt, natural flavour, tocopherol concentrate mixed, citric acid, ascorbic acid.
L-Drink Tropical Berry Flavoured Drink Mix: Purified water, vegetable glycerin, natural flavors, citric acid, potassium sorbate.
L-Drink Tropical Orange Flavoured Drink Mix: Purified water, vegetable glycerin, natural flavors, citric acid, potassium sorbate.
Spearmint Lemon Herbal Tea bags: Organic Spearmint leaves, organic lemon peel, organic lemongrass
Spearmint Herbal Tea bags: Organic Spearmint leaves
Hibiscus Herbal Tea bags: Organic Hibiscus Flower
Green Olives, Flavoured with Sea Salt: Olives, olive oil, sea salt, lactic acid.
Green Olives, Flavoured with Garlic: Olives, olive oil, sea salt, lactic acid, garlic, thyme
Red Capsicum Soup Mix: Rice flour, inulin, onion, tomato, carrots, whole grain brown rice, sea salt, olive oil blend (olive oil, potato starch, rosemary extract), red capsicum, shallots, yeast extract, spinach, basil, parsley
Mushroom Soup Mix: Rice flour, whole grain brown rice, mushroom, carrot, onion, inulin, sea salt, olive oil blend, (olive oil, potato starch, rosemary extract), yeast extract, parsley.
Tomato Soup Mix: Rice flour, tomato, inulin, onion, sea salt, olive oil blend (olive oil, potato starch, rosemary extract), whole grain brown rice, yeast extract, basil, parsley.
Quinoa Soup Mix: Quinoa, rice flour, potato flakes, peas, cabbage, carrots, onion, zucchini squash, tomato, inulin, celery, sea salt, garlic, basil, leeks, olive oil blend (olive oil, potato starch, rosemary extract), broccoli, spinach, celery seeds, turmeric.
White Bean Soup Mix: Potato, rice flour, white beans, peas, carrots, inulin, sea salt, onion, shallots, cabbage, olive oil blend (olive oil, potato starch, rosemary extract), tomato, celery, yeast extract, spinach, parsley, turmeric.
Should I take ProLon?:
ProLon is intended for use by healthy individuals who want to enhance their health and wellbeing, and by overweight individuals who want to proactively manage their weight in an easy and healthy way. ProLon has been shown to help maintain healthy levels of systolic blood pressure while reducing abdominal fat and waist circumference*.
*Benefits seen in a clinical trial when ProLon was used once a month for 3 consecutive months.
How Often Should You Take ProLon?:
The frequency of ProLon can be dependent on your body weight, baseline markers and health measurements, and should be determined after an evaluation and recommendation from your health care provider.
The first time someone undergoes ProLon we recommend once per month for three consecutive months. After completing the first three cycles, one can consider no more than one cycle every month for up to 6 months or continue once every 3 months depending on health goals.
Do not use Prolon if:
- You are allergic to nuts, inulin, oats, sesame, celery/celeriac, or other ingredients in the product. See further down for all ingredients.
- Children under the age of 18
- Women who are pregnant or nursing
- Individuals who are allergic to nuts or soy
- Individuals with a Body Mass Index (BMI) <18
- Individuals diagnosed with a serious medical condition or disease, unless approved in writing by a physician appropriately trained to treat that condition or disease
- Individuals who have been severely weakened by a disease or medical procedure
- Individuals who are taking medications which may not be safely consumed with a calorie restricted diet unless authorised in writing by a licensed physician
- Individuals with diabetes (type 1 and type 2), cardiovascular disease and cancer, unless approved in writing by a licensed physician. ProLon® should never be combined with glucose lowering drugs, such as metformin or insulin.
- Fasting is prohibited for individuals with particular metabolic diseases, such as those affecting gluconeogenesis.
- Individuals with a history of significant cardiac disease, particularly uncompensated congestive heart failure NYHA grade 2 or more or LVEF <40% on any prior assessment
- Individuals with a history of syncope (fainting) with calorie restriction or other medical comorbidities
- Individuals who have special dietary needs that are incompatible with the ProLon® meal plan
- Individuals with liver or kidney disorders that may be affected by the very low glucose and protein content of the diet
Risks and Precautions:
- Do not use ProLon if you are allergic to nuts, celeriac/celery, oats, or sesame, or any other ingredients in ProLon.
- Due to nature of fasting, there are common complaints associated with it including fatigue, headache, dizziness, and difficulty with concentration during the fasting period. Complaints are mild and tolerated for most people.
- Although ProLon is designed to mitigate many of these risks of fasting by providing specific macro and micronutrients, because it is still a low calorie diet, we encourage you to discuss with your healthcare provider whether the practice of fasting or the use of fasting mimicking diet is right for you.
Please avoid the following during the 5-days of the program:
- Any strenuous exercising or activities that may consume a high level of calories.
- Extreme temperature environments like hot tubs and saunas, or driving long distances under strong sun or heat exposure.
- Since ProLon is a food based program, please stop the product should you experience any symptom of an allergic reaction such as a rash, change in voice, swelling or fever.
- If you feel light headed or faint, you should eat something or drink juice or consume a beverage with sugar. If your symptoms do not subside, please contact your physician or if you feel this is a life threatening emergency, call 000.
- ProLon is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. ProLon and statements on this site have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Healthy Start Commitment:
To ensure the health and safety of every client, please agree to this Healthy Start Commitment. The practice of fasting involves calorie restriction. ProLon is a low calorie diet that mimics the effect of fasting. As with any reduced-calorie diet, do not start a fast if:
- During this period of COVID-19, if you are over 65 years of age, or are in a high-risk category.
- If you have a diagnosis of or are on a prescription for diabetes (type 1 or type 2), cancer, or congestive heart failure, or you have a history of fainting, fast only with the approval and supervision of a healthcare practitioner.
- If you have a fever, cough, diarrhea, signs of an active infection, or are at risk for a repetitive infection.
- You are underweight, pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you have a known, diagnosed, or suspected eating disorder.
- You are under 18 years of age or over the age of 70.
- You have dietary restrictions
Do not use ProLon if:
- You are allergic to nuts, inulin, oats, sesame, celery/celeriac, or other ingredients in the product. Please check if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (listed above).
*IF YOU ARE NOT CLEAR ABOUT THE ABOVE, TALK TO YOUR HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER
ProLon is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Once supplements leave our store they cannot be returned or refunded. Please choose carefully.